January 2, 2013

Mid-Week Update (TPE)


Items used from pantry – week of 12/31
·         1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
·         2 cans cream of chicken soup, Hashbrown Casserole
·         White onions gone, black eyed peas
·         The rest of the bag of Tortilla chips
Mid-week update:  Well, it the official third day of “The Pantry Experiment”, and so far, we’re doing ok!  No complaining – from me or anyone else…so far!  In fact, I was even able to make a bonus item – a Hashbrown Casserole.   One for breakfast on New Year’s Day, and one for the freezer!  I EVEN got a little creative with one ingredient – the sour cream.  I only had about ¾ of a 16 oz. container, so I substituted the other ¼ portion with plain yogurt…and, it was good!  Check me out!
In addition to the bonus item, I also shared a portion of our NYE black eyed peas with a neighbor.   So that’s a bonus on top of a bonus!   I suppose I should also probably tell you that we spent part of New Year’s Day among friends at a Bowl Game watching party, so I did get a pass on last night’s dinner.  So, it looks, in the grand scheme of things, that I’m about even at this point – I didn’t get a dinner out of our pantry last night…but…I did get a breakfast out of the Hashbrown Casserole.
On revised menu for dinner tonight, Turkey Bacon Ranch Wraps (doing last night’s dinner tonight).  I even had some tortilla chips in the pantry that we ate with our wraps.  We finished the bag off!  Overall, it was really good – AND – J even ate ¾ of his wrap and liked it!  AM had her own thing going tonight…which, you will come to learn is about par for the course with her.
I’ll have to revise the week’s menu list – I’m probably going to take the Southwest chili out of the rotation.  It can wait until later…and who knows what will happen later on.  I think I’ll just save it in case I need it in a pinch!
Also, I posted this the other day Southern States Translations, A Reference Guide.  I will continue to write additional content as we go along.  It is my hope that, once I am finished with The Pantry Experiment, I will continue to provide you with content about …well….whatever I want.   I find writing to be quite cathartic – the perfect antidote to the thoughts that ping around in my head…all the time!  The easiest topic for me to write about is my family – they really do provide plenty of color to my life.  And, I love it!
So, stick with me – I hope I say something, at some point that resonates with you.  And, until next time, I hope all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment