April 2, 2013

I'm Baaaaaaaack!

Hello all.  I'm back!  The Pantry Experiment is officially derailed.  It went pretty well....for about three weeks, then "life" happened....you know....kids, a husband, the church Consignment Sale (which I was in charge of), oh, and....officially....we are moving! 

Finally!

FINALLY!!!

We were one of the unfortunate families that got caught in the housing crisis of 2008.  We've stuck it out in our cramped townhouse for a long time.  We've adjusted and re-adjusted our (crappy) attitude toward our townhouse many, many times.  And, just when I thought this place would be our family home for many years to come....surprise.....God sent a blessing to us in the form of a Realtor named Allison.  She is now my BFF.  Seriously, y'all. 

With Allison, we found a new home.  An actual house!  With a big yard (front AND back), a basement, and four actual bedrooms!   It even has a formal living room and a dining room.  We are Big Time now! 

I'm so incredibly happy that I cannot even stand it.  And, through this process, I find myself wondering about the future - what will it hold?  How will our family adjust to the new surroundings?  Will the kids like the schools?   Will our neighbors like us?  Will we like them?  Will we truly get the two puppies my son is asking for?  (not if I have my way - one dog at a time thankyouverymuch!)

Know what else I've held in my thoughts over the last few months?  That I truly still need to write.  Writing is the one constant I've felt the need to pursue  no matter where I am or what is going on in my life. 

Sometimes, my thoughts race through my head so fast, I can hardly finish one thought before the next speeds into my brain and slams into the first thought.  The only way I can keep track of things is to write things down. 

Plus, I find getting things written down to be a cathartic process.  So, here I am - back to writing.  This time, it's just me and my thoughts.  Hopefully, I'll say something that reaches you.  Maybe, through my crazy life, I'll touch on a subject that means something to someone.  That's all I can hope for if I take my task seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment